Children Reading Quietly c. 2018.
1. I’m just going to keep telling myself that I’m going to have time to blog more once the kids are back in school and cackle once I realize it was a nice little lie I told myself when it doesn’t actually happen but …. this week! Back to school! Let’s see what happens, Patton.
2. Speaking of back to school … I hope I’m not the only one that has yet to do a lick of back to school supplies shopping and realized that supplies were supposed to be dropped off at the back to school open house that happened yesterday? Hoping …
3. It wouldn’t be a summer 2k18 blog post if I didn’t give you a painting update and I’m thrilled to report that we only have our room left to paint. Well, and our bathroom but for the sake of sanity let’s just say, “ONE ROOM”. Celebratory dance. I thought Simon was going to keel over when I casually mentioned I still wanted to paint a few dressers yesterday but the end! It is NEAR. Now, to start the endless deliberations about where to hang things and what to do with all of our newfound freetime in the evenings (Bachelor in Paradise – duh).
4. Becca’s finale … I have to say that I started writing this post a few days ago and her finale already feels like last year’s news but … I press on. I have to say that they seem happy! I was really hoping she’d choose Blake but I think he’s in the running along with five other guys to be the Bachelor. I’m on the, “anyone but Jason or Colton” train but … we ALL know I’ll watch regardless of who it is.
5. Alright, I finally finished Summer Wives (and I’m in the market for a new book if you’ve read anything fun and zippy lately!) and it was good! Not great. I think because I’ve read a few of her books (my favorite!) before it felt a little bit formulaic and I saw the ending coming from several chapters away but I still enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone looking for something fun but not too beach read-y.
6. These jeans caught my eye during the Nordstrom Sale but they sold out SUPER fast but they’re restocked and the number of positive reviews is impressive, to say the least. I’m going to give them a whirl and shall report back with my findings. I’m also eying this cardigan but I’m still in summer mode and not waving my autumnal white flag quite yet.
7. Simon accused me of being “new school” and not announcing baby #7 over here on the blog but on Instagram instead to which I have to say …. touché. New school it is!! We appreciate all of the excitement and we can’t wait for January 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend. Hope any back-to-schooling went well in your neck of the woods!!