1. I noticed a lot of people e-yearning for fall today this past week on Instagram and wondered if there was something official about the week of July 23rd being the acceptable time to start wishing away summer? As far as I’m concerned the summer is still in the raging stage and our cardigans (of which I am a proud connoisseur! but all in good time!) and steaming + seasonally flavored lattes can hold their hot little horses. If this plants me firmly in crotchety old lady camp complete with permafrown … then so be it. Summer — play on, player.
2. I feel like I will be able to type a, “still so much to do!!” paragraph about the house from here till Christmas. Of 2020. But, it’ll be the truth. We’re still slowly making headway while dealing with contractor delays and/or no shows which is par for the course but a tiny bit disappointing. In the mean time if you have a paint color suggestion for a bathroom that will be bright white tile from about 1/2 way up the wall down to the ground – I’m all ears. We’ve stayed pretty light and neutral with paint colors so far so I’m thinking it might be fun to go a little bold for the master bathroom? Look at me – living on the wild side … old lady camp and all.
3. Here we have one room that is finally painted and + appropriately furnished.
laugh – laugh – laugh.
It does tend to be the room we all congregate (probably because Abe can be safely blockaded from the stairs we haven’t found a unicorn gate for yet) so it’s nice all the chairs in the whole house seem to reside in here. This room hasn’t been painted either but all in good time!
4. I’m about to catch up on this weeks Bachelorette but I saw all the buzz about Jason maybe being the bachelor and I’m not an advocate. I’d rather have round two of Ben H. — maybe that’s an unpopular opinion though.
5. I’ll eat my words after saying I thought Summer Wives would be my favorite book of the summer (thus far!) and it’s been a slow and depressing start. I’m not making quick headway but I’m determined to get through it this week. I’ll give you my final verdict next week. I can hear the collective baiting of multiple breaths as I type.
6. I did something I thought I’d never do but I’m not sure I can ever go back (when school starts! I almost swear!) and I ordered Costco to be delivered this week. While the delivery fee did give me pause I think I ultimately saved money by avoiding any and all impulse purchase temptation and I could map out the coupons with one click of my thumb. #notsponsored #justexcited
7. Despite still being in full on summer mode I will admit that I’ve started to think about doing some back-to-school shopping for the kids if only to take advantage of some of the stellar sales. I’m starting easy with shoes (much fewer shoe restrictions at their new school – and they are pumped) but do have a cart full of uniforms over at Old Navy because everything is discounted to the max ($6 pants!) at the moment. Simon has me on the hunt for some work appropriate pants that aren’t scrubs and J.Crew Factory has yet to let me down. I got a pair of my favorite running shorts for my birthday this past week (my old ones were covered in paint – my fault) and I’ve been living in them ever since.
Alright, happy weekend!