last weekend during a break in the rain. it was glorious!
2. John Francis (Simon’s cousin’s son) underwent a rather risky + lengthy surgery on Tuesday and is recovering well! Thank you for your continued prayers! A Chicago news station ran another story on him, his Caringbridge page is here, and his fundraising page can be found here as well.
3. Did you see the Downton Abbey movie preview? It looks QUITE good. Simon and I (or maybe just I, don’t tell Simon) are excited to finally watch Isn’t It Romantic tonight. We watched Wine Country on Netflix last weekend and I was shocked that it was just kind of … okay (at best!).
4. I read Meet Cute this week and it left a lot to be desired (although I did fly through it so obviously I didn’t hate it). Back to my list of book recs I go for my next victim. Beatriz Williams is a tried and true fave so I might have to go down that road or a book I heard a lot about a few years ago might be worth giving a go – we’ll see!
5. It’s not surprising but I’m really enjoying Hannah’s Bachelorette season so far. I feel like she’s proved a lot of the naysayers wrong and it feels more like an old school season than any of the recent seasons have (a good thing, I think!). My faves are Mike and Peter the Pilot. My least favorite of all time is Luke P. Sharleen always serves the recap gold and this season is no different!
6. So many sales, so little time. Everything is 40% at LOFT with code: FINALLY. I’m loving the look of this romper + these striped pants. I ordered + loved + kept these shorts if you need some non-denim shorts!
I’ve had some good Old Navy luck lately with both this pair AND this pair of slides. Both very comfortable and cute (I think!). And even though Abe is pretty much always getting into serious mischief these days – this shirt is a cute little oxymoron on him (joke!).
Insane deal (53% off!!) on the most used appliance in our kitchen that I have no doubt will outlive me (really).
7. Nordstrom rarely has sales so when they do I like to comb through as much as much of the new new markdowns as possible. I should’ve added these to my pink shoe lineup – esp at that price. It might be summer but I’m always on the lookout for the perfect cardigan. I’m really hoping this dress goes on sale soon (did I see former Bachelorette Ali wearing it? Maybe, yes. Of course) but am tempted to try this one (on sale) in the mean time — similar print, cut, and same brand.
Alright, I’ll come back and add them as I see them. I’ve got to go see about a figurative Lakehouse.